The Cloud End-point Protection Market is expected to register a CAGR of 12.3% during the forecast period from 2021 - 2026. Cloud-based endpoint protection solutions, like traditional systems, are allowed to protect the endpoint devices and internal network security. These devices include smart devices, laptops, desktops, servers, mobile devices, and other technology connecting to the internet. It requires fewer in-house resources and has benefited over on-premise. In the case of on-premise solutions, business is entirely responsible for hosting and maintaining the software. One needs a dedicated server (or several) to organize the software and monitor the endpoints. Along with the server's actual prime cost, organizations also have to consider the costs of running and maintaining it. Cloud-based products are hosted instead on vendor's servers, eliminating the need for hiring extra staff and paying a higher electricity bill.
- The rapidly increasing connected devices, adoption of the BYOD trend, and other mobility solutions are expected to drive the adoption of cloud endpoint protection solutions even further. Bring Your Device (BYOD) has emerged as a significant trend in this new era of flexibility and network accessibility for various organizations around the world, making the workplace more productive. According to Cisco, enterprises with a BYOD policy in place saves on average USD 350 per year, per employee. Moreover, reactive programs can boost these savings to as much as USD 1,300 per year, per employee. For Small to Medium Businesses (SMBs), these cost savings can add up fast and enable these SMB's to protect their bottom line better while improving employee productivity.
- Furthermore, the increasing dependency on the connected devices has created the need to keep the connected device secure from cyber attacks. According to Ericsson, it is expected that nearly approx. With cellular connections in 2016, four hundred million IoT devices are expected to reach 1.5 billion by the year 2022. This robust growth is anticipated to be driven by the increased industry focus on the deployment of the connected ecosystem and the standardization of 3GPP cellular IoT technologies. The IoT network security segment covers various subsegments, such as firewalls, servers, VPN, IDS, IPS, WIDPS, gateway, and network hardware. According to AT&T, 47% of the organizations lack internal security, 44% have been moving to 24Ã—7 security coverage, and 42% of them are looking for cost-saving strategies.
- Further, vendors redefine end-user computing by delivering an all-in-one solution for VDI, DaaS, and IoT markets, which caters to increasing endpoint security & protection needs and simplifying the user experience and allowing customers to maximize the benefits of the existing desktop hardware through PC Conversion. In June 2020, Stratodesk announced the launch of the Stratodesk NoTouch Go lightweight, thin client device. With NoTouch Go, enterprises and organizations can take advantage of unparalleled end-user computing mobility for VDI, IoT, and Cloud workspaces while also having full control and manageability over their workforce's devices. NoTouch Go runs on any endpoint, anywhere, and runs side-by-side with existing Windows installments.
- Furthermore, cyberattacks, such as phishing attacks, are on the rise during the ongoing COVID -19 pandemic. In February 2020, WHO has published a statement stating that hackers and cyber scammers are sending fraudulent email and WhatsApp messages that attempt to trick people into clicking on malicious links or opening attachments and has also mentioned not to share personal information such as usernames, passwords as well as not to click on any links posing as WHO, which tend to offer jobs, ask for registration or payment through any means. Such factors are expected to globally boost the growth of the market studied for the cloud endpoint protection market.
Key Market Trends
Healthcare Segment is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- Healthcare has been positively impacted by digitization and has evolved over the past two decades to emerge as a digitized sector. Healthcare records have been stored digitally and contain private and confidential data. The healthcare sector continues to adopt various new technologies, such as home/remote monitoring equipment embedded with IoT, IoT-enabled hygiene monitoring devices, etc., to offer life-critical services and treatments. Such access must remain secure and allow for sharing among trusted partners. Despite being the highly targeted industry with the highest average cost of the breach at USD 6.45 million yearly, healthcare organizations lag in the adoption and implementation of cybersecurity approaches to safeguard their solutions.
- Modern healthcare cloud endpoint protection often features patch management and other endpoint management capabilities, along with traditional skills, like antivirus protection that cater to the healthcare sector. The cloud endpoint protection is being incorporated by many healthcare industry players, alerting their IT security team when a device doesn't have a security patch or if it uses outdated information. A player, like ColorTokens Spectrum Platform, provides endpoint protection, which helps healthcare organizations to prevent security violations across workloads, applications, users, and endpoints.
- The solution is cloud-delivered and protects critical data such as ePHI, PII, and EHR. ColorTokens takes a vendor-agnostic approach and protect distributed legacy endpoints and provide reduction to the risk of data breaches along with ransomware attacks from external as well as internal threats. Furthermore, recent trends in June 2020 say that healthcare is the sector majorly impacted by the group of 19 critical vulnerabilities known as Ripple20, which have been found in the TCP/IP communication stacks of hundreds of millions of IoT and connected devices. The impact is currently unknown, given the flaws are found in embedded software and web components.
- In the coming period, healthcare will face some of the most complex challenges, mostly around IoT, which typically shall exceed the number of workstations and servers on the enterprise network in the future. This factor significantly drives the demand for a cloud endpoint protection solution. Furthermore, data from the artificial intelligence endpoint protection platform SentinelOne shows that from February 23 to March 16, 2020, with the onset of the COVID -19 s outbreak, there was an upward trend of attempted attacks with peaks at 145 threats per 1,000 endpoints, in comparison with 30 or 37 at the start of that period. This significantly caters to the high demand for cloud endpoint protection during the pandemic.
Asia Pacific to Witness Significant Growth
- The rapid adoption of IoT technologies and an increasing number of connected devices across different industries in the region are expected to fuel cloud endpoint security solutions over the forecast period.â€‹ Moreover, the National Institute of Information and Communication Technology predicted that the number of cyberattacks to IoT Devices is expected to reach 30 billion devices by 2020 compared to 15 billion devices in 2015. Such instances propel the players to come up with solutions that enable them to pre-determine the occurrence of such events and hence is expected to boost the market for cloud endpoint protection solutions.
- Asia-Pacific is one of the major regions on its way to becoming the manufacturing hub. It, therefore, is undergoing digital transformation owing to the population ages and rising labor costs with countries like Indian and China being at the forefront. According to the China Investment Corporation (CIC) estimates, the IIoT in China is expected to reach CNY 150 billion by 2020. â€‹According to the Cisco VNI report, by 2022, the region is expected to have 2.6 billion Internet users (62% of the population), up from 1.7 billion (41% of the population) in the year 2017 along with 13.1 billion networked devices/connections by 2022, up from 8.6 billion in 2017.
- The rise in digitization across Asia, for example, in the BFSI sector, is expected to drive such solutions over the forecast period. For instance, According to RBI, The share of electronic transactions in the total volume of retail payments increased to 95.4 percent in 2018-19, up from 92.6 percent in the previous year. To cope with this sudden colossal change, the banks are looking forward to adopting solutions like endpoint security solutions that help them grant their users uninterrupted services.
- On the other hand, the rising adoption of public cloud computing leads to more enterprises re-allocating their business to cloud platforms. Issues related to data security, tenant isolation, access control, etc., are expected to propel the â€‹market growth. For instance, In February 2020, ST Engineering and Janus Technologies, in collaboration, announced the launch of BIOS-SHIELD, Asiaâ€™s first firmware that provides enterprises with highly secure endpoint management and control with a cloud-based management portal.
The cloud endpoint security market is highly fragmented due to several vendors based on all scale, i.e., small-scale, regional, and large multi-national scale. Due to intense market rivalry, all players focus on making unique value prepositions, product differentiation, and even forming multiple partnerships to increase their geographical presence.
- June 2020 - Corrata announced its availability of the first mobile endpoint integration with Microsoft Cloud App Security (MCAS). The integration extends endpoint-based cloud app discovery and full control to iOS and Android devices. Organizations of any size can utilize the traffic information collected by Corrata to control Shadow IT on Android and iOS devices. This integration complements Microsoft Cloud App Security's existing discovery and control capabilities for Windows endpoints.
- March 2020 - Pax8 announced a new partnership with Bitdefender to deliver Bitdefender Cloud Security for Managed Service Providers (MSPs), including advanced prevention, detection, and automatic response layers to partners across North America. In addition to Bitdefender Cloud Security for MSPs, Pax8 partners can access and sell the company's single-agent solution with add-on products through their GravityZone MSP security platform, including Endpoint Detection Response.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support