The Hybrid Cloud Market was valued at USD 52.16 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 145 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 18.73% over the forecast period 2021 - 2026.The growth of cloud and industrialized services and the decline of traditional data center outsourcing (DCO) indicate a massive shift toward hybrid infrastructure services. While the traditional DCO market is shrinking, spending on colocation and hosting along with the increase in infrastructure utility services. This is expected to drive the shift toward cloud IaaS and hosting. Owing to its benefits, the hybrid cloud deployment is occupying a continuously increasing share in the cloud market.
- The hybrid cloud market has experienced significant overall growth in the past few years compared to that of the other cloud services, as it offers certain benefits that the organizations with a huge set of data and need of processing demand for.
- Using a hybrid cloud allows companies to scale computing resources and also helps in eliminating the need to invest a massive capital for handling short-term spikes in demand, also in cases when the business needs to free up local resources for more sensitive data or applications.
- When computing and processing demand fluctuates, hybrid cloud computing gives businesses the ability to scale their on-premises infrastructure up to the public cloud to handle any overflow without giving third-party datacenters access to the entirety of their data. These developments have been effective in addressing the concerns of the end users, who were concerned for their data security and were earlier hesitant to switch to this solution.
- Companies using cloud services are required to pay only for resources that they temporarily use instead of purchasing, programming, and maintaining additional resources and equipment that remains idle over long periods of time. This helps the companies in minimalizing costs that do not generate revenue.
Key Market Trends
Hybrid Cloud Type Solution is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- Solutions offered in the hybrid cloud market include hybrid cloud management software solutions, and hosting and hybrid cloud security. The report covers all the solutions and software components involved in the deployment of a hybrid cloud solution.
- Third-party management tools find high adoption in the market. Most of the native management solutions offered in the industry have limited features with many users opting for advanced tools. Hybrid cloud management tools provide a range of features that make the integration of private and public cloud seamless to the user.
- Management software takes care of many aspects of the hybrid cloud deployment, including quota control, governance capabilities, service library customization, cost analytics, and performance monitoring. These systems aid users in migrating data across both public and private clouds, while monitoring the resources available to ensure optimum utilization of the technology.
- Native service providers, such as Amazon and Microsoft, are also concentrating on innovations in this technology, with improvements in native stack offerings. The management software is a primary component in the hybrid cloud solutions and professionals are looking at hybrid cloud management software to improve cross-cloud capabilities. As the market grows, companies are working to expand their capabilities with rich libraries, apps and infrastructure templates, and APIs.
- With users concentrating on hosted services for public cloud integration, the demand is expected to grow further. Many companies with limited resources, who are opting for hybrid cloud solutions for the first time, are preferring hosted private cloud to integrate with a hybrid cloud. Thus, the demand for these solutions is growing. Amazon, Microsoft, and Rackspace are few of the leading players operating in this market. The market cap of these companies is witnessing high growth with several major players providing in-a-box hybrid cloud solutions.
North America Holds a Prominent Share in the Hybrid Cloud Market
- North America is expected to hold a prominent share in the hybrid cloud market. Many companies in the region are moving beyond the public cloud and are stepping into a new era of hybrid IT that combines public cloud, private cloud, and traditional IT. These organizations have implemented a hybrid cloud strategy as it is aiding them to improve their business and deliver services to the customers.
- Vendors are also encouraging the hybrid model in a number of ways. For instance, VMware Inc. and IBM announced new offerings to accelerate enterprise hybrid cloud adoption.
- The offerings include new IBM services offering to help migrate and extend mission-critical VMware workloads to the IBM Cloud, and new integrations to help enterprises modernize applications with Kubernetes and containers.
- Another company that embraced the hybrid cloud environment is HudsonAlpha, one of the leading players in genomic research. Many of the organization's researchers have been given government grant money to test new treatment theories. Because of these grants, they can quickly test ideas in a public cloud without taking resources away from the more accepted research methodologies that rely on its private cloud.
- North America companies are actively involved in making strategic mergers and acquisitions. For instance, American technology giant IBM acquired Sanovi Technologies to bolster its cloud offerings. Sanovi provides hybrid cloud recovery, cloud migration, and business continuity software for enterprise data centers and cloud infrastructure.
The hybrid cloud market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. These major players with a prominent share in the market are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. These companies are leveraging on strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and increase their profitability. The companies operating in the market are also acquiring start-ups working on hybrid cloud technologies to strengthen their product capabilities.
- Oct 2019- Cisco Systems Inc partnered with IBM Corporation with an aim to develop a hybrid-cloud architecture that melds Ciscoâ€™s data-center, networking and analytics platforms with IBMâ€™s cloud offerings.
- Oct 2020- Rackspace US Inc. a leading end-to-end multicloud technology solutions company, announced to innovative IT transformations to Amazon Web Services (AWS) for customers, Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, Envizi, and Invotra.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support