The France food flavor and enhancer market is estimated to be valued at USD 946.87 Million in 2020 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.14% during the forecast period (2021- 2026).
- France is one of the leading importers of food ingredients. The country has a large food processing sector and an important re-exporter of natural ingredients to other European countries. Further, the demand for organic and natural products is high in the country, giving ample room for food manufacturers to target consumers with such labels. The growing demand for functional foods can witness the withdrawal signs in terms of synthetic food flavors and the adaptation of naturals.
- The increasing consumer interest in nutritionally enriched products and all-natural foods is promoting the demand for high-value premium and natural additives, expanding the demand for natural flavors in the country. The trend also justifies the emerging trend of botanical flavors in the country, which is primarily perceived as healthy among the country's consumers.
- In France, the export of fruits and vegetables decreased significantly after lockdowns were imposed late March 2020, largely because of high air freight charges. Therefore, the export restrictions have a direct impact on prices of the agricultural commodities including fruits and vegetables, which will automictically have a negative price effect on its processed products such as food flavours primarily natural food flavors.
Key Market Trends
Rising Demand for Processed Food Products
Owing to the fast-paced lifestyle of the generation, the French consumers are increasingly inclining toward convenience food products, including instant soups, sauces, noodles, baked goods, and other ready meals, owing to their instant nature, i.e., lesser preparation time and easy handling.
Moreover, RTE products, such as instant noodles, ice creams, ready-to-cook meat products, and soups, are a few of the most vulnerable food cuisines to be experimented with based on flavors. The country's consumers are continually looking for different flavors to try while purchasing instant noodles, such as hot & spicy and chicken flavors. Therefore factors such as these are driving the food flavor and enhancer market in France
Growing Application of Flavors in Bakery
With the growth of the bakery market, healthier options that meet dietary restrictions with more versatile food flavours such as nuts, fruits and vegetable-derived flavors have also been a strong trend among the French consumers, which is one of the major factor driving the application of food flavour and enhancer market in the bakery and confectionery segment of the country.
Further, Synergy has identified lavender, yuzu and molasses as flavors that will inspire innovation. For bakery specifically, a constant need for sweet brown flavours adding the sense of indulgence and sweetness is high in demand. Also, Synergy flavors created molasses-filled sandwich cookies, showcasing a true-to-nature molasses flavor profile.
The leading players in the market enjoy a dominant presence across the region. The French food flavor and enhancer market is significantly competitive, with the presence of major players, like Givaudan, Corbion, ADM, International Flavors and Fragrances Inc., and Kerry PLC.
The key players are planning to leverage the opportunities posed by emerging segments to expand their product portfolio, so that they can cater to the requirements for various trending product categories, like natural, organic, plant-based, and non-GMO. In order to sustain themselves in such competitive markets, key players follow strict guidelines, in terms of production. Apart from this, they enter long-term agreement partnerships with their clients.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support