The gigabit ethernet test equipment market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.45% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026). The need for extra bandwidth has driven, both, network service providers (NSPs) and network equipment manufacturers (NEMs) to embrace the ethernet technology, instead of the traditional synchronous technology.
- The increasing need for ethernet in the manufacturing industries and adoption of cloud services and Big Data fuel the growth of the market.
- With the increasing demand for mobile internet, the need for higher bandwidth is rising, owing to which, telecom operators are investing rigorously in R&D.
- The emergence of advanced technologies, such as cloud computing, Internet of Things (IoT), and 5G, requires a robust network connection, owing to which, the use of test equipment also rises.
Key Market Trends
Telecommunication Segment is Expected to Hold a Significant Market Share
The demand for data centers is drastically increasing, owing to the rising internet and smartphone penetration. For instance, in July 2017, Bridge Data Centres, a Singapore-based data center outsourcing company, announced to invest USD 500 million in data centers in the country, over the next two years, in order to cater to the rising demand. As a result, it may ascend the need for test equipment in GigE, thereby, boosting the market growth.
In addition, in September 2018, Facebook announced to invest USD 1 billion in data centers in Singapore, which in turn, is expected to open new avenues for the players in the market.
The upgrades in the mobile backhaul for the imminent launch of 5G technology drive the need for robust GigE test equipment. Hence, rapid investments in the 5G technology are expected to boost the market growth over the projected period. A few top communication and electronic companies have commenced their investments in 5G technology.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
Asia-Pacific is expected to witness a significant growth rate over the forecast period, due to the increasing deployments of wireless networks. Additionally, the increasing population, rising number of smart phone users, mounting adoption of cloud services, and emergence of Big Data are expected to fuel the market expansion in the region.
The need for speed, driven by the customersâ€™ rising demand for bandwidth, has forced many service providers and network equipment manufacturers to stretch beyond the confines of 10G and 100G.
The gigabit ethernet test equipment market is moderately competitive and consists of several major players. The market has gained a competitive edge over the past decade. However, with advancements in ethernet test equipment, many companies are increasing their market presence, by securing new contracts, thereby, tapping into the new markets.
- February 2019 - Spirent Communications PLC announced the launch of Spirent Automotive ComTT, the first universal test platform for the validation of Multibus technologies for in-vehicle networks. While automotive OEMs across the world are adopting automotive ethernet networking, traditional technologies, such as controller area network (CAN), CAN with flexible data-rate (CAN FD), and local interconnect network (LIN), are expected to continue to be used for many years.
- August 2018 - Samsung announced to invest KRW 25 trillion in various domains, such as automotive, biopharmaceuticals, and technology, including 5G.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Any special requirements about this report, please let us know and we can provide custom report.