The automated analyzers market is expected to register a CAGR of 12.4% during the forecast period (2021-2026). The emergence and rapid adoption of robotics has transformed the typical workday for scientists across the globe. With the advent of automation techniques, scientists are now able to set up, run, and analyze the results of experiments in much lesser time as compared to the past.
- Currently, achieving maximum efficiency in various department, including the research and development labs, is a major issue for many organizations. North America has been the biggest contributor to the growth in this market, owing to the presence of major R&D firms, and its emphasis on optimizing workflows by minimizing human intervention.
- Automation of routine laboratory procedures, by the use of dedicated work stations and software to program instruments, allows the scientists and technicians to analyze the implications of their experiments, design an effective follow-up project, or develop alternative approaches to there project, instead of spending their day repeating the monotonous tasks.
- Major factors that are contributing towards the growth of the market include the compulsion from the respective governments and industries to comply with the regulations, and the growing demand for the integrated healthcare systems.
- The shift from the legacy systems to commercial solutions was favored by mostly all the laboratories, as these solutions provide flexible and reliable methods to manage data, resources, and workflows.
Key Market Trends
Immuno-based Analyzer is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- Immuno-based analyzers are the medical instruments that automatically run tests on samples from patients to detect biologically active substances in it. The most important part is to know which analyzer to use, as different analyzers have different analysis time and reagents, which make these instruments highly sophisticated. These analyzers are majorly used in infectious disease testing, cancer, cardiac, and autoimmune diseases.
- Immuno-based analyzers are becoming more and more popular in clinical chemistry and immunoassay, as they are an effective tool to diagnose hepatitis, cancer, illegal drugs, sodium levels, fertility problems, endocrine function, and the detection of blood clots.
- During the past few years, a wide range of immuno-based analyzers has been developed to provide the semiquantitative, quantitative, or qualitative detection of analytes. With the advancement of immunochemistry analyzers which helps to diagnose the different type of diseases and other abnormalities within the human body, as well as helps to confirm the health status, the market is expected to witness further increase in demand of these types of equipment.
North America is Expected to Hold the Largest Market share
- The North American region is expected to lead the market for automated analyzers. The extremely dynamic market landscape in North America, having a high level of merger and acquisition activities and many high-value deals, is acting as a growth driver for the market owing to the increased research activities.
- Manufacturers and clinical laboratories are increasingly vying for niche technological solutions to increase their market share. The United States holds the largest market share in this region, owing to stringent regulations imposed by the government and the FDA for classification of devices, to assure safety and effectiveness.
- The major demand for these automated solutions in the North American region is also rising due to the increased number of investments in research and development by the government. Moreover, with the presence of large pharmaceutical companies with R&D labs in the region, and automation solutions adoption by hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, the market is expected to grow further in this region.
The automated analyzers market is highly competitive owing to the presence of many small and large players providing equipment in domestic as well in the international markets. The market appears to be moderately concentrated slowly moving towards the fragmented stage with the major players adopting strategies like product innovation and mergers and acquisition. Some of the major players in the market are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Danaher Corporation, Hudson Robotics, Inc, Becton Dickinson among others.
- September 2019 - Thermo Fisher Scientific designed a new workflow to provide a validated analytical method combining advanced high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and triple quadrupole mass spectrometry (MS) capabilities for the reliable and sensitive quantitation of pesticides in complex sample matrices. This product is designed to help food testing laboratories comply more efficiently with global regulatory requirements.
- July 2018 - Thermo Fisher Scientific announced BÂ·RÂ·AÂ·HÂ·MÂ·S Kryptor Gold for scientists working in clinical and research laboratories to grant them access to an automated analyzer for blood sample testing with superior precision and efficiency. The new BÂ·RÂ·AÂ·HÂ·MÂ·S Kryptor Gold is a further development of the already established benchtop instrument Kryptor compact plus and allows facilitated handling and increased capacity for blood samples, reagents, and consumables.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support